Your online resource for Palos Verdes homes and real estate. Find your home in Palos Verdes with our simple targeted home finder or search all South Bay homes with our free MLS access. If you are looking to buy or sell a home or investment property in Southern California….we can help. Find out why South Bay Brokers should be your Palos Verdes Realtors®. From Palos Verdes Estates (PVE), to the gated community of Rolling Hills, to the wonderful equestrian community of Rolling Hills Estates, to Rancho Palos Verdes, we can help with your dream home.
View the current Palos Verdes oceanfront and Paseo Del Mar homes
- Lunada Bay is comprised primarily of single family residences, many with ocean views.
- There are, however, a few buildings consisting of townhomes
- A traditional single story Lunada Bay home, under 2000 square feet
Lower Lunada Bay: West of Palos Verdes Drive West.
- Very desirable community with Lunada Bay Elementary School and Palos Verdes High School within a short walking distance to many of the homes.
- Charming center of town with family run market, French bakery, barber shop, bank and popular local restaurants.
- “Elite Streets” include Paseo Del Mar, characterized by multi-million dollar cliffside mansions with panoramic ocean ciews from Catalina to Malibu, and Rocky Point, an enclave of primarily single story homes on flat lots with cliffside homes enjoying panoramic ocean views.
- Upper Lunada Bay: East of Palos Verdes Drive West. The topography is characterized by rolling hills and ravines.
- Upper Lunada Bay is the home to Palos Verdes Intermediate School (formerly known as “Margate”) and Espinoza Circle (land of the peacocks).
- Montemalaga is best known for its sprawling mansions located on large flat lots, primarily in the neighborhoods between Granvia Altamira to the East and Via Zurita to the West.It is also the home of Montemalaga Elementary School, named a Blue Ribbon School in 2003 (confirm date).
- Malaga Cove is best known for its dramatic Queen’s necklace views that can be enjoyed throughout the neighborhood.
- The largest number of townhomes and apartments in Palos Verdes Estates are located in Malaga Cove, however,
there are very few sales
- Lower Malaga Cove: Located West of Palos Verdes Drive West at Via Almar, lower Malaga Cove is home to the Palos Verdes Beach Club, Rat Beach (Redondo at Torrance), a popular local beach for surfers and swimmers alike, and the Palos Verdes Country Club and Tennis Club. (Only residents of Palos Verdes Estates are eligible to join these clubs).
- Upper Malaga Cove: Located east of Palos Verdes Drive West at Via Corta, upper Malaga Cove is home to Malaga Cove Plaza with its popular family owned and operated Market, the historic La Venta Inn (boasts spectacular Queen’s necklace view and is a popular site for weddings and private parties) and Malaga Cove Library, as well as Palos Verdes City Hall, and the police and fire departments.
- Currently, Valmonte is the most popular and desired family neighborhood in Palos Verdes Estates characterized by narrow Eucalyptus Tree lined streets, and charming, often cape cod or ranch style homes on primarily flat lots.
- It is the Peninsula’s equivalent of Manhattan Beach’s Tree Section.
- A traditional family home in Valmonte is 3 bedrooms and under 2000 square feet although home prices have driven some to rebuild.
- Cannot cut down vegetation.
- Views: While some homes have peek-a-boo ocean views and others have nice city views, the majority of homes in Valmonte do not have views.
- Rolling Hills is its own city.
- Rolling Hills is a ranch style, equestrian community.
- There are 26 miles of streets and 23 miles of horse trails.
- Very large lots with lots over 20,000 sq ft
- The City of Palos Verdes Estates has its own Police and Fire Department located in the heart of Malaga Cove.
- Most of the schools in Palos Verdes Estates are California Distinguished Schools and all of the schools are part of the Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified School District.
- All property in Palos Verdes Estates is subject to the PV Homes Association CC&Rs.
- Any improvements to a home’s exterior must be approved by the Art Jury/Homes Association.
- To find out which elementary school and intermediate school a particular residence would attend, click on area schools above and click on “attendance boundaries”.